No, I am not having twins. But in the past week I have found out that two of my close friends are! I am so thankful that I am pregnant at this point in my life, because I am able to feel such a sense of joy for them during this time. It was so hard being jealous when I was struggling to get pregnant, and it was a feeling that I didn't want, but my natural instinct wouldn't let me not feel it. Probably God's way of letting me know that I really did want another.
It is strange as you look at families that are older and you can only imagine them the way they are: married with twins, or three, or four...it is so hard to make the decision of when to start and when to stop. But when all is said and done, every family appears complete. As strongly as I would like to have three children, I would be happy with two. It's strange that just a few months ago I was trying to come to grips with the idea that I need to be happy with just one, which I think I would have been able to easily accept.
The idea of your love doubling, tripling, quadrupling for your children is something that I have not yet experienced yet. I can understand it, however. When my nephew, Carter, was born I loved him just as much as I loved Brady, and with Sophia, love grew even more. Having only Brady for six years is a time that we will both cherish, and a time that is really has made a huge impact on our relationship with him. We really have gotten to know him as a person on his own before throwing siblings into the mix. He will always be special, and he will always be (literally) a head and shoulders above his siblings. The greatest joy for me is seeing how excited he is to have "our baby". He has definitely taken ownership over the baby and thinks of it as his own. He prays for the baby, draws pictures for the baby, and even reads to my belly so the baby can hear him. He is going to be an amazing big brother!
Friday, November 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our baby! He's so cute! Teach him to change diapers and you have it made ;-)
ReplyDelete