Monday, December 6, 2010

Gender

Okay, so the past few days I have just started to panic about being ready for the baby. I think that my biggest pitfall is that I am not anticipating this baby being very difficult. Well, yesterday I started thinking about all the stuff that a baby requires, and I relized that although we have the big stuff like a crib, stroller, swing, high chair, bouncy seat, ...I don't have the little stuff like burp clothes, blankets, onesies...

Then I talked myself into realizing that if I don't know what the baby's gender is that there is no way that I could be completely prepared, and what if this isn't as easy as I am anticipating? I mean, Brady was a pretty easy baby, what are the chances that I will have another one that is so easy?

Talked to a friend at work today who convinced me that I should make a list, I can still be prepared and not know what gender the baby is. She convinced me.

I think that because all my friends that are having babies in the spring are finding out what they are having, it is going to make me want to know more...especially since I'm due before all of them. Thank goodness Mandy is with me on the unknowing side, so I'll have someone to speculate with.

To top it all off, I found out that my friend, Jamie, is having twin girls, and my friend Jen is having a boy. My mom also won a basket of baby supplies in a church raffle this weekend, and she got the baby boy basket...is it a sign from God?

...as of right now, we are still in the dark about the gender, and plan to remain that way. I'll let you know if my pregnancy hormones steer me off course anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment