Sunday, September 13, 2009

Nothing New

I've been taking the Metformin twice a day (with food) since Thursday, and since that one day of nausea, I feel fine.  I wonder if it is actually doing anything.  I have heard that it could help with weight-loss, especially in women with PCOS, but I am not sure how long they need to be on it to start to see moderate results.  It doesn't help that I went to Greene Turtle for dinner on Thursday, Outback with Brady on Friday, and we ate tailgating junk food at the football game on Saturday.  I have felt some movement down in my pelvis - I'm also focusing on it thinking that I might start ovulating - but I think that it could be my body processing the "not so good for you" foods that I have eaten the past few days. 

I also have an appointment set up with my general doctor to have a health analysis.  I feel that I owe it to myself to have all the blood work done and find out what other horrible things I have done to my body in my 20s so I can correct it all in my 30s and live out the rest of my long, healthy life. 

First thing I need to do is begin exercising, just walking.  You wouldn't think that it would take so much effort just to get out the door.  It's probably not so much that I don't like exercise, it is more the fear of failure.  What happens if I eat healthy and I'm exercising, and I am still overweight?  I don't like to do things that are difficult (who does?) and that I think that I am going to fail at.  If I sabotage myself, then I am still in control.  What's even worse is that I know that I do this, and I still do it.  Right now it is a gorgeous day outside, it is 1:15pm, and I am still in my pjs.  I'm stopping there, getting showered and out the door.  Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment