Yesterday I went to the physical with my general doctor, and she had great news. She ran the bloodwork and all of my tests came back excellent! I am so relieved that my weight hasn't totally ruined my body inside and out. My blood pressure was slightly elevated, and when I went back and checked old doctor's reports, it has been slightly elevated for some time now. Also, obviously, I need to get control of my weight.
She did say that the Metformin is the best drug that I can be on right now, not only for my PCOS, but also to help me lose weight. She gave me many tips on what to do to help the pounds come off, despite the difficulty my PCOS will cause me. The no-brainer is that I HAVE to start exercising. It really is pathetic how little I exercise. She also said that the next best thing I can do is "water load" - double or triple the amount of water I take in each day.
The doctor was so hopeful that I would be able to this, that it made me hopeful as well. She even recommended that I come back to her in three months, which is great for me because it hold me accountable. It is also something that will help me get throught the hoidays knowing that I will have to meet with her about my weight after Christmas.
As for the Metformin, I think that I suffered from PMS towards the end of last week. The only reason that getting PMS was uplifiting in any way was becuase it means that something is happening. Also on Friday, my birthday, I had no cravings to go out to eat, and it continued throughout the weekend. I think that the Metformin is starting to stabilize my blood sugar and I am starting to notice the effects. I think that I might hold off until after October 1st on taking the Provera to give my body a few more weeks to respond to the Metformin.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment